ad

Two men injured and livestock dead in farm blaze

Published date: 03 October 2012 |
Published by: Staff reporter
Read more articles by Staff reporter


Two men were treated for smoke inhalation and an unknown number of chicken died in the blaze 

TWO men were treated for smoke inhalation and an unknown number of chickens died following a fire at a farm near Chester.

Fire crews were called to reports of a poultry shed on fire at a farm in Leadgate Lane, Clotton, at about 10.45am on Monday.

Firefighters battled for more than two hours to bring the fire under control with three engines and the hydraulic platform attending the blaze.

One of the men who suffered smoke inhalation was taken to the Countess of Chester Hospital.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: Fire crews attended a fire involving a poultry shed on Leadgate Lane in Clotton near Chester.

“Once in attendance crews discovered the roof well alight of a building measuring approximately 50 metres by 30 metres.

“Two breathing apparatus wearers used hose reels to extinguish the fire. The building was constructed of corrugated steel roofing with a wooden frame.

“An ambulance was requested to assist with two male casualties suffering from smoke inhalation. Unfortunately it was reported that poultry had died at the incident.”

Two fire engines from Chester, the hydraulic platform and one fire engine from Malpas attended.

You must be a registered user to leave a comment. Register or login here.

 

Featured Businesses

View all adverts